ICE Education and partners have combined their expertise to provide an innovative and practical programme covering all aspects of the physical crude oil, products and traded derivatives market through our market leading Oil Trader Academy.
With the global oil markets being subject to extreme volatility and change due to a series of geopolitical events, this is the ideal time and opportunity to understand the drivers of oil price movements and tools at your disposal to protect against and trade around your organisations market position.
Delivery Schedule Module 1:
Start Time: 08.00 London, 12.00 Dubai, 16.00 Singapore
End Time: 14.00 London, 18.00 Dubai, 22.00 Singapore
Delivery Schedule Module 2:
Start Time: 08.00 London, 12.00 Dubai , 16.00 Singapore
End Time: 13.00 London, 17.00 Dubai, 21.00 Singapore
We provide three phases to the virtual courses:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and, or, simulation throughout. The live online sessions are run on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (Wednesday is a Break day) of each week. See each module details for the specific timings each day.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and an optional live video clinic session is scheduled for one week post course for any learning points you'd like to revisit.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
Download the course overview and agenda
|£4,795 + VAT
|Virtual: EMEA/Asian Time Zone
Who Should Attend
This programme will appeal to those new to crude oil trading or those working in roles linked to the markets like: refiners, economists, analysts portfolio managers, risk managers, operations managers, brokers and other related front, middle and back office staff who need to understand the core aspects of how the physical and paper oil markets link together.
This course is split into two modules. Delegates can register for the full 8 day programme, or one of the 4 day modules. See the full course detail on each of the individual Module pages.
Module 1: Physical Crude & Products Trading - 5 to 9 September (Break day on 7th)
Module 2: Trading Simulation and Managing Price Risk - 12 to 16 September (Break day on 14th)
The Academy is lead by instructors with a wealth of practical market experience combined with excellent delivery skills. Practical approaches are an important element of the Academy. For example, throughout Module 2 you will have access to a fully operational trading system and undertake a series of 'trading games' to help you gain first hand experience and knowledge of the trading environment. The experienced course team are always on hand to provide the mentoring support to ensure you get the most from this element of the course.
As an outcome from the full programme you will:
- Review crude oil supply, demand and products
- Understand crude oil refining, evaluation and selection
- Explore physical and derivative oil markets, shipping and contracts
- Appreciate pricing formation, trading and price risk management
- Learn about futures, swaps, options and over- the-counter markets
- Become familiar with trading techniques and terminology
- Participate in trading and hedging simulation exercises and improve negotiation skills
Please email us at [email protected] if you would like more information.