This virtual course provides a thorough knowledge and understanding of Futures and Options including market terminology, pricing, and basic trading strategies. It will also explore the exchange mechanisms and uses of futures and options in price risk management. This virtual course provides a solid foundation for the 'Energy Derivatives Workshop' and, or, the 'Options Strategies & Risk Management Programme'.
This virtual course is one of the new ICE Education LIVE programs. We provide three phases to the course:
1. Pre-course: Access to the ICE Education learning platform for on-demand primer content.
2. Live Virtual Sessions: Trainer led live video sessions (as per the outline below). These are short focused sessions with practical activity and interaction throughout.
3. Post-course: On-demand content remains available and an optional live video clinic session is scheduled for one week post course for any learning points you'd like to revisit.
All course payments must be received one day prior to the start date
|Price||£850 + VAT|
|Location||Virtual: EMEA Time Zone|
Who Should Attend
- New traders and brokers
- New entrants to the futures and options markets
- Support and operations people involved in the energy markets
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Individuals working in organisations such as: trading companies, banks, brokers, oil producers, consumers, refiners, distribution companies, government and associated organisations.
- 09.00 - 10.15 Session 1
Futures exchange ICE Futures Europe, define Future, main contracts/details
- 10.30 - 11.15 Session 2
Clearing Principles, paying margin, guarantee fund
- 11.30 - 12.15 Session 3
Hedging & basis Examples, calculating p&l, ICE Block, EFP/EFS
- 13.15 - 14.00 Session 4
Spreads Ways to trade, time spread, Arb, Crack spread
- 14.15 - 15.00 Session 5
Option introduction Characteristics, terminology, payoff diagrams,
- 15.15 - 16.00 Session 6
Valuing options Intrinsic and time value, understanding volatility and time